- Copy the csv file to a local folder
- Open pgAdmin4 and select the table where you want to import the data into
- Right click and select Import/Export
- Select the Import option and click on three dots for file name
- Click on the icon highlighted in red which is to drag file
- Drag the file that you want to import to the window
- Select the file dragged to the window and click select
- Based on the settings , the program will show success or failure. Some of the settings that needs to be checked are header selection , column name etc.
The other way to import data is using docker copy command and importing it to mounted volume, but if you are using the pgAdmin tool, this will be a good and quick way to do this
Thanks. Share your comments and feedback.